BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

New Year, New You! // Make 2016 The Best Year Ever!

Happy 2016! It's crazy that it's 2016. As I've gotten older, and out of school, it seems like the years just fly by now. I love the new year. It's a fresh start. And this year, it's a MUCH needed fresh start. I know that 2016 is going to be my best year ever, and I want to help you guys have your best year ever too! New year, new you! 

To have the best year ever, you need to set some goals. What do you want to accomplish this year? Do you want to lose weight? Maybe find a new job? Or maybe your goals are deeper, maybe you're like me and want to work on getting rid of your anxiety. Whatever your goals are, they're reachable! But, one thing to remember is to make sure your goals are realistic. And don't set too big of goal for your yearly goals. If your goal is to lose 80 pounds this year, set monthly weight loss goals. Break it down to say you want to lose 15 pounds in January. When you set monthly goals that are smaller, it really helps you stick to them! And it'll help you not get discouraged along the way. 

It's a new year, so everything you did in 2015 is in the past. It's time to just brush off 2015 and leave it in the past! Leave anything negative in the past. I went through a time last year, where I was feeling really negative. I am not usually someone who is negative, I'm usually the one who is spreading positivity around when others are being negative. When I was writing out my 2016 goals, I told myself that I was going to leave all that negativity behind in 2015. I told myself that I was going to become positive again in 2016. It's so easy to be negative. It's scary how easy it is to see the negative side to a situation. I'm a dreamer, and so I like to think of the positive side of things. For example, creating this blog. I knew that I wanted to create a new blog, but I didn't know how it was going to go. I immediately thought of the negative things. I thought that creating this blog was going to go horribly and that nobody would read it and that the whole thought of creating a new blog was stupid. 

After I had those thoughts, I asked myself "Chelsea, what are you doing?" I then thought to myself, what was I doing? Why was I thinking of all these negative things? It wasn't like me. So, I grabbed my notebook, and started writing down the positive things about starting a new blog. This blog has given me my love for blogging again. I have a whole new vision for blogging again. This blog has helped me feel creative again! Always think of the positive side to things! If you think negative thoughts things are going to turn out negative. When you think positive thoughts things are going to turn out positive! 

Something I think is important to making 2016 the best year ever, is to love yourself. I feel like people don't talk about this enough! You need to make time for yourself. Yes, I'm a big believer in helping others as much as you can, but you need to help yourself too. I really want to work on loving myself in 2016. I'm gonna do that by doing things that I enjoy. I'm gonna take more relaxing bubble baths. I'm gonna treat myself more. Splurge on some new makeup or new clothes for yourself! If it's in the budget of course. Make more time for you this year. I want to do a blog post all about learning to love yourself, and I will definitely do that soon! 

Another tip, get away from the computer and the phone. I know, it's hard. For so many of us, our jobs are on the computer and it's hard to get away. But it has to be done. I deleted my Snapchat account, not that I was really addicted to it anyway. I thought Snapchat was kind of pointless. I never knew how addicting an app could be though. Last night I was with friends and all of them were posting everything on Snapchat. I didn't really understand the point of it. Why share what's currently happening when you could spend the time you're posting, actually enjoying what is currently happening? Would you rather remember the night by enjoying the night with your friends, or remember missing a fun moment because you were too busy posting about the night? Learn to live in the moment and enjoy what's going on. Take a break from your phone and your computer. You'll learn to appreciate things more. There's nothing wrong with taking pictures, but don't spend all the time trying to get that perfect picture for the perfect Instagram post. I'm guilty of doing that, I'll admit it. And I know I'm not the only one! Take some pictures, but don't spend all night doing it. Also, I'm not hating on Snapchat and Instagram. Those were just the two apps I used for example. The same problems can happen with Twitter and Facebook. 

Get out and enjoy nature! This is such an important thing. This kind of goes along with taking a break from your phone and computer. You can workout outside, or just go for an adventure. Go exploring. If you live in a place that has the ocean, walk beside the ocean. I live on a farm, so one of my favorite things is to go outside and walk around the pasture. I like to go and just look at all the different things and take in all the scents. Look at the different things around you, the grass and the leaves. And just listen. Take time to listen to all the different sounds you hear. Do you hear birds? Dogs barking? Cars going down the road? When you spend more time enjoying nature, you'll feel really good. I like to sit outside with my journal. I'll write down how I'm feeling and I'll write down what's on my mind. I read a quote that said "Get lost in nature and you will find yourself." And it's true. You really will. 

Journal more. Journal how you are feeling and what you're thinking. I know it's hard to talk to people about how you feel, and then when you don't express how you're feeling, you just bottle it up until you can't keep your feelings inside anymore and you blow up. I've been there. That's when I picked up my notebook. I started writing how my day went. Every morning I wake up and write a list of what I'm thankful for. It's so easy to forget what we're thankful we have when there's always so much that we want. I write down if there's anything I'm worried about. I also keep a prayer journal, and write my prayers to God. When you write things down, you'll just feel better. You won't feel like you're exploding because of your emotions. Plus, it's your notebook. Nobody has to read what you've written. 

Those are some of my tips to have your best year ever! I really hope you guys learned some things from this post. This year is going to be the best year ever. I just know it! 

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 

Have a great day and a great weekend!

No comments

Post a Comment