BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

Balancing Working From Home & Your Personal Life

I work from home, and I'm what's considered a creative entrepreneur. If I'm not being a #girlboss, I'm not getting paid. But, sometimes we all need a break from work. Because when I'm not working, I have a house to clean, and laundry to wash. So, how do I balance work and my personal life? That's exactly what I'm going to be sharing with you today! 


1. Plan 

I am a planner, and it drives my friends and family crazy! I just always like to have a plan for everything, whether it's my day or my life. Right now I have been loving the Day Designer and the Sugar Paper LA planner. The Day Designer allows me to keep track of a schedule, which helps me manage my time wisely, which I'll talk more about later. It also helps me keep track of the things that I absolutely need to get done that day in my work life. My Sugar Paper planner is mostly used for my personal life. I can keep track of my personal goals in this planner. 

2. Business Hours

When I first started working from home, I would find myself designing and writing blog posts late at night. And by late at night I mean, midnight. At my computer, typing away or designing planner stickers. That's not healthy for a person, because we need sleep! That's why I came up with business hours for myself. I can work from 9AM-5PM if I want to. Not only does this give me time to work, I also have time to focus on running my house. That's what I love about the hourly schedule in the Day Designer. I can write down that I'm going to design from 1PM-3PM and then from 3PM-4PM I can clean the kitchen or something. And because my hours are flexible, I can run an errand whenever I need to. 

3. Have A Work Space 

Have you ever heard of someone saying to "leave work at work?" That's basically the same concept. When you work from home, it's important to have a designated work space. That way you have your creative space, where you're supposed to be focused. And if you're not exactly the most organized person, you won't have your work stuff scattered around the house. Your workspace doesn't have to be anything fancy, it could just be a desk in the corner of your living room. 

4. Take A Break

And lastly, remember to take a break! What I mean is, if someone asks you to go to dinner or on a mini road trip, don't say no. Work can wait. Put yourself first! Go and have fun! Then come back to work, feeling refreshed and energized. Don't work yourself to a point that you're frazzled. That's the beautiful thing about working from home and being your own boss. You can take a break whenever you need to! 

Those are my tips on how I balance working from home and my personal life. How do you balance working from home and your personal life? Let me know in the comments! :) 

-Chelsea 

No comments

Post a Comment