BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

Girl Boss Guide: Getting Out Of A Slump


As a blogger, YouTuber, and Etsy shop owner, I understand sometimes it's easy to fall into a slump. You go through times where you're super productive, just working away. And then there are the times when you're feeling down about your business, and it really effects your productivity. Honestly, it sucks. Here are my top tips for getting out of a slump! 

-Clear Your Mind

This is usually the main cause for me falling into a slump, I just have too many thoughts buzzing around in my mind. My mind is constantly thinking! And while that can be good, it can also be a pain in the booty. When I'm in a slump, those thought tend to turn negative. Clearing your mind is a great way to get out of a slump. You just gotta get rid of all those negative thoughts in your mind, that could potentially hold you back. 

Take a moment to be by yourself and just take a few deep breaths. Go for a walk outside. Take a bubble bath and light some candles. Do yoga. It doesn't matter how you do it, just as long as you find a way to clear your mind of those negative thoughts. Once you've gotten rid of those negative thoughts, you'll be feeling nice and refreshed! 

-Make Some Time For You

I'm the kind of person that feels like I constantly have to be working. A girls gotta pay the bills! But, working all of the time is exhausting. Sometimes you just gotta take a break. I can hear some of y'all saying "Chelsea, I don't have time to take a break!" Girl, you betta make some time! It's so important to take some time for you and de-stress. 

Take some time to do what you love, whether it's writing, dancing, whatever it may be. I personally love turning up some music and having a dance party while I clean my house. Cleaning is VERY therapeutic for me haha. Do you what you love, or you'll find yourself frazzled and overworked. Nobody wants to feel that way! 

-Think About The Good Times

When you're in a slump, it can be so easy to tear yourself down and tear your business down. You'll find yourself comparing your business to other businesses and just having too many negative thoughts. Not good! 

When I get this way, I like to go back and think about why I started my business in the first place. I think about why I love working on my business and why I love my business. It gets me motivated to work, and because I'm so focused on working, those negative thoughts just go away! 

I hope these tips helped y'all out! If you have any tips on what you do to get out of a slump, please share them in the comments! 

No comments

Post a Comment