BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

My First Makeup Event: Bridal Fair Edition

Last month I attended my first makeup event, which was a bridal fair. I had such a blast meeting so many amazing people and potential clients. Now, because this was my first makeup event, I really didn't know what to expect. I did research before the event, but I feel like there were many different things that I would've changed looking back. Today, I thought I'd share with you some of the tips that I learned, that I'm planning on applying the next time I go to a makeup event. I'm hoping that these tips will help any makeup artists out there reading my blog! And these tips aren't just for bridal events, they can be used for any makeup event. 


Before The Event: 

Set Some Goals: Take a moment to think about why you're going to be attending this event. To gain new clients? To sell a new product or service? Those are just a couple of different reasons why a makeup artist might choose to attend an event. Keep these goals in mind when preparing for the event. 

Advertise: Let your following know that you're going to be there! Share the event on social media! I personally chose to use my Facebook page as a way to let everyone know that I was going to be at the event. Instagram and Twitter is also great to use. Social media is the easiest way to reach people. 

Prepare Your Team: I did the bridal fair by myself, but if you're going to have more than one person working with you at the event, make sure they're prepared. Make sure they know your prices and what services or products you offer. And maybe even come up with a short little sales pitch they can use when greeting people who stop by your table. 

At The Event: 

Make It Look Pretty: You're going to want to make sure your table or booth stands out! Dress your table with your products, business cards, brochures, price list, service list, a nice banner, and a tablecloth. At first glance, your table should show what you're offering. And don't forget about having specials! I know at my table, I made a little flyer that if people mention that flyer, they get $10 off their next makeover. Little things like that, really help promote your business! And it's always nice to offer special deals at events. 

Be Inviting: Make sure you're smiling and just overall look inviting. Greet everyone who walks by. Stand by your table. Be genuine and authentic. 

After The Event: 

Assess Your Success: Take a look back at your goals. How well did you do? What did you learn, and what would you do differently next time? Write down the answers to these questions, the answers could be very helpful if you decide to do another makeup event. If you found this event to be successful, then you may want to find more makeup events to sign up for!

I hope these tips and tricks helped you! If you have any tips that you'd like to share, please share them in the comments! 

No comments

Post a Comment