BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

The Do's & Don'ts Of Your First Internship


Growing up, I'd always dreamed of being an intern. Specifically, an intern at a fashion magazine. I know, kind of weird. But I would see people with internships in movies, and would just dream of being an intern at a fashion magazine. As I got older, I would spend hours researching how to make the most of an internship. Even though I've never gotten to live out my dream of interning at a fashion magazine, I've compiled a list of what I've learned from research. These are my do's and don'ts for your first internship. 

The Do's: 

DO Your Research // Doing your research means, taking your time to get to know the company that you'll be interning for. It would be kind of embarrassing if you didn't have any background knowledge on the company. Check out their website and social media. Knowing the company, makes your internship a lot easier! 

DO Dress For Success // It's important to dress appropriately. I can't stress enough just how important it is! This means your boobs shouldn't be out in the open and your heels shouldn't be as high as a strippers. In my opinion, there's nothing better than office chic. I just love office chic! Pinterest is a great place to get inspiration on what to wear. 

DO Get To Know Your Coworkers // The ones you work with are going to the be the ones you spend the most time with. Take some time to get to know them. You'll probably learn a lot from them. Ask them questions, find out what they bring to the table. Keep in mind, you probably won't be able to make friends with everyone, and that's ok. Just remember to remain professional. 

The Don'ts: 

DON'T Be Late // I can't stress enough how unprofessional being late is! Being on time goes hand in hand with first impressions, and shows what kind of employee you'll be. If you're late all the time, chances are you're someone who doesn't want to put much effort into the job. That's a major turn off for employers. If you do know that you're going to be late, make sure to notify someone to let them know when they can expect you. 

DON'T Be Scared To Ask Questions // I'm sure you've heard this before, and it's oh so true, there is no such thing as a stupid question. If you have a question, don't be scared, just ask! If you don't ask your question, you risk the chance of performing a task incorrectly. Everyone there will be happy to answer your questions!

DON'T Forget To Take A Deep Breath And Smile // Girl, relaaaax! You've got this! The first day is always the most stressful. Keep your head up, take a deep breath, and put on a smile. Remember to do your best, which all anyone could ask for. 

I hope these tips help you! And if you have any tips, please share them in the comments! 

Have a great Thursday! :) 

XO, Chelsea 

No comments

Post a Comment