BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

How To Get Work Done When You're Feeling Lazy

To most people, being your own boss sounds like the best thing ever. And while it's great that you get to work whenever you want to and make your own schedule, it also takes A LOT of discipline. For example, yesterday it rained all day. Did I want to work? Nope! Did I? Yes! I actually had a really productive day for a rainy day. And I was really proud of myself. That's why today, I wanted to share with you guys my tips on getting work done, even when you're feeling lazy. 


1. Have A Decent Workspace

Do you like your current workspace? If you answered no, it's time to fix that! When you like the space that you work in, you'll be more motivated to be in there, because you'll enjoy it more. Find some cute decor to make the space yours! TJ MAXX and Home Goods are two great places to check out. They have super cute stuff, plus it's super affordable!

2. Have A Work System 

I'm a planner. I use two of them, which to most people is kind of insane. But hey, it's what works for me! It's important to find a way that you can keep track of your work. Because I'm working on so many different projects, I find it easier to plan out my week. That way one day, I might film a video, and the next day might be a design day for Etsy. This really keeps me from getting overwhelmed! 

3. Have An Awesome Playlist

Does anyone really feel motivated if they're sitting in a quiet room? Um I know I don't! I have to have music going. When you have an awesome playlist to listen to, it just gets you happy and energized, which makes you get into #girlboss mode. Everyone listens to different music. Like right now as I'm typing this blog post, I'm listening to Kelsea Ballerini. Oh, and make sure you take a few dance breaks. Just because. :) 

4. Dress For Success

Yes, I know if you're working from home it's hard to put on real clothes. I would much rather spend my time in yoga pants. BUT when you feel good, you're going to feel more productive. Take some time to get ready for work, even if you are just going into your home office. I definitely don't feel as lazy when I'm in real clothes, as I do in yoga pants!

5. Drink All The Coffee

Ok, this one might just be me. But I do feel a lot more productive when I have coffee. Especially an iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks. ;) 

How do you get motivated to work when you're feeling lazy? Let me know in the comments! 

-Chelsea 

No comments

Post a Comment