BEAUTY, FASHION, & LIFESTYLE

It Was Just A Bad Day

Yesterday, was not a good day. First, I've been in a really bad creative slump. Part of my job is to write and design, but I haven't had any inspiration to work. Which is kind of a problem! Then on top of that, my debit card got declined at two different stores, which gave me really bad anxiety. The first time it was declined, I thought it might just be the store. The second time, my mind instantly thought "ohmygosh my account has been hacked and drained!" I'm not really sure what caused it to be declined, because everything ended up being completely fine. By the evening, I was just really bummed because I felt like everything was going wrong. I had been running errands all day, and my feet hurt like hell. My new fringe boots are cute, but they really make my feet hurt! 

I went to Starbucks and got an iced caramel macchiato, because coffee cures everything from hangovers to bad days. I came home and posted a dramatic post on Facebook, calling yesterday the "worst day ever" and then moped because nobody commented on it. 

Yepp. Bad day. And I was being a total drama queen. Over nothing. 

I sat down with my journal, coffee, and turned on my country oldies playlist. I thought about my day. I quickly realized how dumb my Facebook post was, and went to delete it. I was actually embarrassed for myself! I also realized how dumb I was acting. My day definitely could've been worse than it was. It really wasn't THAT bad! 

It all started because I was upset that I wasn't being creative. Obviously, I knew that my creativity would come back. That I would find inspiration from something. But because of that, I just decided that it was going to be a bad day. I'd already had my mind made up that morning that it was going to suck. I was upset that my debit card wouldn't work, when I knew that I had money in my account. I shouldn't be frustrated about my card not working, I should be feeling THANKFUL that I have money in my bank account! 

Not everyday is going to be rainbows and cotton candy, I think we all understand that. There are going to be hard days. But sometimes, we cause our hard days. Sometimes we cause things to be harder than they really are. Whoa. Just think about that for a second. You are in charge of how you feel. You are in charge of you. And yesterday, I let myself get in a bad mood and just decided that it was going to be a bad day. I didn't even try to turn it around, I was just stuck in that mindset. One thing went wrong, so the whole day was going to go wrong. 

My point is (yes, I do have one!), don't let the little things cause you to have a bad day. Don't pull a Chelsea and get all dramatic because your debit card gets declined and your feet hurt. Because there's no point in acting or feeling that way. There's really not. So this morning, I put on my positive pants (aka vs pink yoga pants), made some coffee, and wrote this blog post. Because guess who's creativity came back? And guess who's not going to let the little things bother her today? 



-Chelsea 

No comments

Post a Comment